Hindu Tantra Positions and Tantra Breathing
This article describes a number of Hindu tantra positions, including the Tantra Cobra Position, Tantra Stretch Position and Tantra Extreme Stretch Position.
Tantra Cobra Position:
1) To begin this tantra technique, lie down in a prostrate position, keeping your legs tightly together and stretched to the rear.
2) Position your hands under your shoulders, palms facing down.
3) Inhale and raise your head, stretching your neck to the rear and using your hands to stretch your trunk upwards until you form a graceful arc from the lower back to the back of your neck. Do not proceed beyond this if you experience strain; however, if you have the flexibility, straighten out your arms altogether, bending the legs at the knees and dropping your head back to touch your feet. If your head does not reach feet, drop it back as far as you can and maintain the position with deep breathing.
4) Emerge from this tantra posture gradually, returning to the prostrate posture.
5) Relax with your head to one side, then repeat the exercise.
Tantra Stretch Position:
1) Lie down prostrate on your exercise mat. Ensure that the mat is properly cushioned if you are very lean.
3) Inhale deeply, bending your knees upward. Stretch your arms to the rear and grab your ankles, keeping fingers and thumbs together.
4) Breathe in and simultaneously raise your head and chest, pulling in at your ankles and lifting your knees and thighs. Breathe normally and try to lift your legs higher upwards, simultaneously lifting your head as if to meet them. You will wind up in a bent bow position, focusing the weight of your body on your belly. You can stop at this stage if you cannot proceed further, but can also stretch further and slide your hands down your legs, lifting them higher. Keep the knees together and pull back as much as you can.
5) Maintain this tantra posture for the duration of a couple of deep breaths, then return to the prostrate position with head to one side.
Tantra Extreme Stretch Position:
1) Sit down with both legs stretched out in front, keeping your back straight.
2) Reach forward with both hands and hold your feet, grabbing the right foot with the left hand and the left foot with the right hand.
3) Breathe in, bending the left knee and drawing your foot across your body and around your chest, maneuvering the elbow up and twisting your body slightly to the right. The left hand continues to firmly hold the right foot. Maintain this tantra position with normal breathing, the release it slowly and relax
4) Repeat the posture. Initially, it is adequate to clasp the bent left leg with the right hand. When this is comfortably achieved, stretch down and clasp the left foot with the right hand. Continue pulling the left foot, lifting it higher as you breathe out in sequence.
Do not attempt these Tantra techniques without the close guidance and supervision of an experienced Tantra teacher if you wish to derive the optimum benefits. Without proper guidance and supervision, many Tantra exercises can cause harm.
Acharya Subhojit Dasgupta is a Tantra Teacher with an in-depth knowledge of traditional Indian sciences and Sanskrit literature. Visit his tantra online guide for hindu tantra techniques, kriyas and mudras from this young Tantra Master.
Article from articlesbase.com
Related Tantra Articles
Possibly related posts:
- Related posts on Breathing
- [WATCH]: Singing Lessons : Singing Lessons: Breathing Exercises ...
- [WATCH]: vocal exercises to improve singing- breathing techniques ...
- Related posts on Hindu
- Insights of value from computer gaming – The Hindu | PC Brains
Incoming search terms:
- tantra positions (283)
- tantric positions (54)
- kama sutralovmaking positions site host (43)
- yhs-fh_lsonsw (29)
- kama sutralovmaking positions (22)
- Tantric Yoga for Lovers Positions (3)
- tantric love making positions (2)
- tantric secks positions (1)
- trantic positions (1)
- using furniture for tantric positions (1)
- graceful arc art (1)
- tantric breathing positions and pics (1)